Young Min Kwon
Center of Excellence for Poultry Science
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Phone: (479) 575-4935
Fax: (479) 575-8775
- Ph.D., Poultry Science, Texas A&M University, 2000
- M.S., Animal Science, Seoul National University, South Korea, 1994
- B.S., Animal Science, Seoul National University, South Korea, 1992
- Faculty member of the Cell and Molecular Biology Program
- Post-doctoral Research at the USDA-ARS at College Station, Texas
- Received the Hy-Line International Research Award, 2008
- POSC 5873 Molecular Analysis of Foodborne Pathogens, Fall
- POSC 5901 POSC Graduate Seminar, Fall
- Genetic and genomic analysis of Salmonella to understand the mechanisms for virulence and persistence in poultry
- Development of Salmonella-based vaccines for poultry
- Kim, J.N., G.W. Yum, and Y.M. Kwon. 2008. Essential genes in Salmonella Enteritidis as identified by TnAraOut mutagenesis. Curr. Microbiol. 57, 391-394.
- Cox, M. M., S. L. Layton, T. Jiang, K. Cole, B. M. Hargis, L. R. Berghman, W. G. Bottje, and Y. M. Kwon. 2007. Scarless and site-directed mutagenesis in Salmonella enteritidis chromosome. BMC Biotechnology 7, 59.
- Kwon, Y. M., L. N. Calhoun, and M. M. Cox. 2007. Salmonella-based vaccine for infectious diseases. Expert Review of Vaccine. 6, 147-152.
- Hansen, C.R., A. Khatiwara, R. Ziprin, and Y. M. Kwon. 2007. Rapid construction of Campylobacter jejuni deletion mutants. Letters in Applied Microbiology 45, 599-603
- Kwon, Y.M., and M. M. Cox. 2004. Improved efficacy of whole genome amplification from bacterial cells. BioTechniques 36, 40-44.